among 5-year survivors of childhood cancer. N Engl
J Med 2016;374:833–42.
173. Piccart M, Rutgers E, van' t Veer L, Slaets L, Delaloge
S, Viale G, et al. Primary analysis of the EORTC
10041/ BIG 3-04 MINDACT study: a prospective,
randomized study evaluating the clinical utility of
the 70-gene signature (MammaPrint) combined
with common clinical-pathological criteria for
selection of patients for adjuvant chemotherapy in
breast cancer with 0 to 3 positive nodes [abstract].
In: Proceedings of the 107th Annual Meeting of the
American Association for Cancer Research; 2016
Apr 16–20; New Orleans, LA Philadelphia (PA):
AACR; Cancer Res 2016; 76( 14 Suppl):Abstract
174. Temel JS, Greer JA, Muzikansky A, Gallagher ER,
Admane S, Jackson VA, et al. Early palliative care for
patients with metastatic non-small cell lung cancer.
N Engl J Med 2010;363:733–42.
175. Bakitas MA, Tosteson TD, Li Z, Lyons KD, Hull JG, Li
Z, et al. Early versus delayed initiation of concurrent
palliative oncology care: patient outcomes in the
ENABLE III randomized controlled trial. J Clin Oncol
176. El-Jawahri A, Jackson VA, Greer JA, Pirl WF, Park
ER, Back A, et al. Early integrated palliative care to
improve family caregivers (FC) outcomes for patients
with gastrointestinal and lung cancer. ASCO Meeting
177. Davis MP, Temel JS, Balboni T, Glare P. A revie w of the
trials which examine early integration of outpatient
and home palliative care for patients with serious
illnesses. Ann Palliat Med 2015;4: 99–121.
178. Temel JS, El-Jawahri A, Greer JA, Pirl WF, Jackson VA,
Park ER, et al. Randomized trial of early integrated
palliative and oncology care. ASCO Meeting
179. El-Jawahri A, LeBlanc TW, Traeger L, VanDusen
H, Jackson VA, Greer JA, et al. Randomized trial
of an inpatient palliative care intervention in
patients hospitalized for hematopoietic stem cell
transplantation (HCT). ASCO Meeting Abstracts
180. Institute of Medicine . Dying in America: Improving
Quality and Honoring Individual Preferences Near
the End of Life. Washington, DC: National Academies
181. Cho J, Choi E, Kim I, Im Y, Park Y, Lee S, et al.
Development and validation of chemotherapy-induced alopecia distress scale (CADS) for breast
cancer patients. Ann Oncol 2014;25:346–51.
182. Ridderheim M, Bjurberg M, Gustavsson A. Scalp
hypothermia to prevent chemotherapy-induced
alopecia is effective and safe: a pilot study of a new
digitized scalp-cooling system used in 74 patients.
Support Care Cancer 2003;11:371–7.
183. Chien TJ, Liu CY, Chang YF, Fang CJ, Hsu CH.
Acupuncture for treating aromatase inhibitor-related arthralgia in breast cancer: a systematic
review and meta-analysis. J Altern Complement
184. Chakrabarty J, Vidyasagar M, Fernandes D, Joisa
G, Varghese P, Mayya S. Effectiveness of pranayama
on cancer-related fatigue in breast cancer patients
undergoing radiation therapy: a randomized
controlled trial. Int J Yoga 2015;8: 47–53.
185. Dhruva A, Miaskowski C, Abrams D, Acree M,
Cooper B, Goodman S, et al. Yoga breathing for cancer
chemotherapy-associated symptoms and quality of
life: results of a pilot randomized controlled trial. J
Altern Complement Med 2012;18:473–9.
186. Bower JE, Garet D, Sternlieb B, Ganz PA, Irwin MR,
Olmstead R, et al. Yoga for persistent fatigue in breast
cancer survivors. Cancer 2012;118:3766–75.
187. Zick SM, Sen A, Wyatt GK, Murphy SL, Arnedt J,
Harris RE. Investigation of 2 types of self-administered
acupressure for persistent cancer-related fatigue in
breast cancer survivors: a randomized clinical trial.
JAMA Oncol 2016. 2016 Jul 7 [Epub ahead of print].
188. Nahin RL, Barnes PM, Stussman BJ. Expenditures on
Complementary Health Approaches: United States,
2012. National Health Statistics Reports. Hyattsville,
MD: National Center for Health Statistics. 2016.
189. Westmaas JL, Alcaraz KI, Berg CJ, Stein KD.
Prevalence and correlates of smoking and cessation-