133. Ledford H. Old cancer drug gets fresh look. Nature
134. Morse M, McDermott DF, Daniels GA, Kaufman H,
Wong MKK, Aung S, et al. High-dose (HD) IL- 2 for
metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC) in the targeted
therapy era: extension of OS bene;ts beyond complete
response (CR) and partial response (PR). J Clin Oncol
2014;32:(suppl 5; abstr 4523).
135. Daniels GA, Morse M, Wong MKK, Kaufman H,
McDermott DF, Aung S, et al. Improved median overall
survival (OS) in patients with metastatic melanoma
(mM) treated with high-dose (HD) IL-2: Analysis of
the PROCLAIM 2007-2012 national registry. J Clin
Oncol 2014;32:(suppl 5; abstr 9054).
136. Prins RM, Soto H, Konkankit V, Odesa SK, Eskin A,
Yong WH, et al. Gene expression pro;le correlates with
T cell in;ltration and relative survival in glioblastoma
patients vaccinated with dendritic cell immunotherapy.
Clin Cancer Res 2011;17:1603–15.
137. Stupp R, Weber DC. ;e role of radio- and
chemotherapy in glioblastoma. Onkologie
138. Hudson MM, Ness KK, Gurney JG, Mulrooney DA,
Chemaitilly W, Krull KR, et al. Clinical ascertainment
of health outcomes among adults treated for childhood
cancer. JAMA 2013;309:2371–81.
139. Hurria A, Togawa K, Mohile SG, Owusu C, Klepin
HD, Gross CP, et al. Predicting chemotherapy toxicity
in older adults with cancer: a prospective multicenter
study. J Clin Oncol 2011;29:3457–65.
140. Betof AS, Dewhirst MW, Jones LW. E;ects and
potential mechanisms of exercise training on cancer
progression: a translational perspective. Brain Behav
Immun 2013; 30(suppl):S75–87.
141. Pagani O, Regan MM, Walley BA, Fleming GF,
Colleoni M, Lang I, et al. Adjuvant exemestane with
ovarian suppression in premenopausal breast cancer. N
Engl J Med 2014;371: 107–18.
142. Weaver KE, Forsythe LP, Reeve BB, Alfano CM,
Rodriguez JL, Sabatino SA, et al. Mental and physical
health-related quality of life among U.S. cancer
survivors: population estimates from the 2010 National
Health Interview Survey. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers
143. Moore HCF, Unger JM, Phillips K-A, Boyle FM, Hitre
E, Porter DJ, et al. Phase III trial (Prevention of Early
Menopause Study [POEMS]-SWOG S0230) of LHRH
analog during chemotherapy (CT) to reduce ovarian
failure in early-stage, hormone receptor-negative breast
cancer: an international Intergroup trial of SWOG,
IBCSG, ECOG, and CALGB (Alliance). J Clin Oncol
2014;32:(suppl 5; abstr LBA505).
144. Andersen BL, DeRubeis RJ, Berman BS, Gruman J,
Champion VL, Massie MJ, et al. Screening, assessment,
and care of anxiety and depressive symptoms in adults
with cancer: an American Society of Clinical Oncology
guideline adaptation. J Clin Oncol 2014;32:1605-19.
145. Bower JE, Bak K, Berger A, Breitbart W, Escalante
CP, Ganz PA, et al. Screening, assessment, and
management of fatigue in adult survivors of cancer: an
American Society of Clinical Oncology clinical practice
guideline adaptation. J Clin Oncol 2014;32:1840–50.
146. Skolarus TA, Wolf AM, Erb NL, Brooks DD, Rivers
BM, Underwood W III, et al. American Cancer Society
prostate cancer survivorship care guidelines. CA
Cancer J Clin 2014;64:225–49.
147. Biomedical Information Science and Technology
Initiative. NIH working de;nition of bioinformatics
and computational biology. 2000 [cited 2014 Jul
31]. Available from: http://www.bisti.nih.gov/docs/
148. Edwards BK, Noone AM, Mariotto AB, Simard EP,
Boscoe FP, Henley SJ, et al. Annual Report to the
nation on the status of cancer, 1975-2010, featuring
prevalence of comorbidity and impact on survival
among persons with lung, colorectal, breast, or prostate
cancer. Cancer 2014;120:1290–314.
149. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Cancer
screening —United States, 2010. MMWR Morb Mortal
Wkly Rep 2012;61: 41–5.
150. Grubbs SS, Polite BN, Carney J Jr, Bowser W, Rogers
J, Katurakes N, et al. Eliminating racial disparities in
colorectal cancer in the real world: it took a village. J
Clin Oncol 2013;31:1928–30.
151. Gupta S, Sussman DA, Doubeni CA, Anderson DS,
Day L, Deshpande AR, et al. Challenges and possible
solutions to colorectal cancer screening for the
underserved. J Natl Cancer Inst 2014;106:dju032.
152. Rockey S, Collins F. One nation in support of
biomedical research? Rock Talk; 2013. [cited 2014
Jul 31]. Available from: http://nexus.od.nih.gov/
153. National Institutes of Health. Success rates and
funding rates. R01-equivalent grants: competing
applications, awards, and success rates. 2014.
[cited 2014 Jul 31]. Available from: http://
154. National Institutes of Health. Research grants. Research
project grants: Average size. 2014. [cited 2014 Jul 31].
Available from: http://report.nih.gov/NIHDatabook/
Charts/ Default.aspx?showm=Y&chartId=155&catId= 2.
155. A national cancer clinical trials system for the 21st
century: reinvigorating the NCI cooperative group
program. Washington, DC: ;e National Academies