163. Chen MY, Shanbhag SM, Arai AE. Submillisievert median radiation dose
for coronary angiography with a second-generation 320–detectorrow CT
scanner in 107 consecutive patients. Radiology 2013;267: 76–85.
164. Boyd NF, Guo H, Martin LJ, Sun L, Stone J, Fishell E, et al. Mammographic
density and the risk and detection of breast cancer. N Engl J Med
165. Giuliano V, Giuliano C. Improved breast cancer detection in asymptomatic
women using 3D-automated breast ultrasound in mammographically dense
breasts. Clin Imaging. 2013;37:480– 6.
166. Vogelstein B, Papadopoulos N, Velculescu VE, Zhou S, Diaz LA, Kinzler KW.
Cancer Genome Landscapes. Science. 2013;339:1546-58.
167. Bang Y-J, Van Cutsem E, Feyereislova A, Chung HC, Shen L, Sawaki A, et al.
Trastuzumab in combination with chemotherapy versus chemotherapy alone
for treatment of HER2-positive advanced gastric or gastro-oesophageal
junction cancer (ToGA): a phase 3, open-label, randomised controlled trial.
168. Ross JS, Cristofanilli M, Downing S, Yelensky R, Lipson D, Otto G, et al. Use
of the FoundationOne next-generation sequencing (NGS) assay to detect
actionable alterations leading to clinical benefit of targeted therapies for
relapsed and refractory breast cancer. J Clin Oncol 31, 2013 (suppl; abstr
169. Bose R, Kavuri SM, Searleman AC, Shen W, Shen D, Koboldt DC, et al.
Activating HER2 mutations in HER2 gene amplification negative breast
cancer. Cancer Discov 2013;3:224–37.
170. Iyer G, Hanrahan AJ, Milowsky MI, Al-Ahmadie H, Scott SN, Janakiraman
M, et al. Genome sequencing identifies a basis for everolimus sensitivity.
171. Hidalgo M, Bruckheimer E, Rajeshkumar NV, Garrido-Laguna I, De Oliveira
E, Rubio-Viqueira B, et al. A pilot clinical study of treatment guided by
personalized tumorgrafts in patients with advanced cancer. Mol Cancer Ther
172. Villarroel MC, Rajeshkumar NV, Garrido-Laguna I, De Jesus-Acosta A,
Jones S, Maitra A, et al. Personalizing cancer treatment in the age of
global genomic analyses: PALB2 gene mutations and the response to DNA
damaging agents in pancreatic cancer. Mol Cancer Ther 2011;10: 3–8.
173. A National Cancer Clinical Trials System for the 21st Century: Reinvigorating
the NCI Cooperative Group Program: The National Academies Press; 2010.
174. National Institutes of Health. Statement of commitment to new and early
stage investigators. [cited 2013 June 16]; Available from: http://grants.nih.
175. National Institutes of Health. Draft report of the Advisory Committee to the
Director Working Group on Diversity in the Biomedical Research Workforce.
Bethesda, MD: The National Institutes of Health; 2012.
176. National Institutes of Health. About the NIH. [cited 2013 July 31]; Available
177. National Institutes of Health. Our Reserch. [cited 2013 July 31]; Available
178. National Institutes of Health. NIH Budget. [cited 2013 July 31]; Available
179. National Institutes of Health. Impact of NIH Research. [cited 2013 July 31];
Available from: http://www.nih.gov/about/impact/
180. Ehrlich EM. An economic engine—NIH research, employment, and the
future of the medical innovation sector. Washington, DC: United for Medical
181. Wolff E. Profiles of prosperity. Washingtion, DC: United for Medical
182. Atkinson RD, Ezell SJ, Giddings LV, Stewart LA, Andes SM. Leadership
in decline: Assessing U.S. international competitiveness in biomedical
research. Washington, DC: The Information Technology and Innovation
Foundation and United for Medical Research; 2012.